I’ve been writing an online book called Tips on the Art of Writing to share what I’ve been learning about creative writing. It’s a work in progress.
Basically, I do research on how to write novels, publishing options and look for tips to help others who love writing too. When I learn something new, I write a new chapter in the ebook on Wattpad and share the knowledge.
So Tips on the Art of Writing has the following topics:
- Avoidance, Resistance and Commitment to your work
- Writing – Smart Butt in Seat Time
- Forget the ‘Nay-Sayers’ – use the Power of Compounding Effect
- We are allowed to write a crappy 1st draft
- Are you a Plotter, a Panster, or a Snowflaker?
- Writing, Editing and Publishing with Lauren E. Daniels, Author, Editor and Director of Brisbane Writers’ Workshop (Youtube Interview)
- Poetry, Digital Narrative and Publishing with Dr David Reiter, CEO of Interactive Publications (Youtube Interview)
- Wattpad Success & Fantasy for YA with Sarah Benson (Youtube Interview)
- Anne Rice – Advice for Writers 18/9/2012 (it’s still applicable today!)
- Use your dreams as inspiration for writing
- Sometimes, you … just-gotta-give-it-a-go
- Emotionally Ruin Your Protagonist’s Life – this has a great Youtube video by Jenna Moreci – I love her channel. She’s very funny and informative.
- Story – Characters, Settings, Conflicts?
I’ll be adding much more to this ebook over time and will edit it when it’s finished. But for now, I thought I’d share it with you.
I hope you enjoy it and the tips are helpful to your writing journey.
P.S. Creative Anarchy and Synergy Interactive are podcasts I had a go at and due to life circumstances and writing schedules, I had to let it go. But that doesn’t mean I’ve given up on pod and video casting. I’ll get back to it soon.